More than 380 billion plastic bags are used in the United States every year. Of those,
approximately 100 billion are plastic shopping bags, which cost retailers about $4 billion
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, only 1% of plastic bags were recycled in 2000.
What are the benefits of reusable bags?
· They have a much lower life cycle impact than any single-use bag
· Hold around twice as many items as plastic bags
· Easier to carry as they have more comfortable handles
· Won't burst under the weight of heavy shopping items such as
· Reduce the number of plastic bags that are produced,
recycled and disposed of
Buy your Re-usable Shopping Bags for $2.00 each at Mission City Hall, 6090 Woodson Rd.
You can purchase a bag at Chacko's at 6001 Johnson Drive and receive a ten-cent credit when you bring your bag in.